Burgers are one of the top - listed tastiest junk foods. Burgers are rich in unhealthy fats that create a bad impact on your body weight and heart health. If you are a burger lover and would still want to have one, you can re-create your unhealthy burger to a healthy one in just no-time.
Here are a few quick ways to make a healthy burger:
- Roll oats over the patties to make it fiber rich.
- Bake or shallow fry the pattie. Incorporate healthy vegetables like peas, mushrooms, soya and green leafy vegetables.
- Sprouts and avocado can also be added into the pattie, as they are healthy for the heart.
- Prepare smaller sized patties.This will help control your portion sizes. It should be as big as your palm and not more than that.
- Share the burger plate with fruits and dry fruits.
- Avoid meat and use lean chicken, or spread boiled egg whites in it.
- You could make the bun healthy by choosing a multigrain variety. This way, you will also include other cereals and millets in your diet.
- Try to avoid cheese, as this can add to your calories.
Now that you know how to create a healthy burger, go ahead, and give your plate a new taste!