Baked Tortilla Chips
- 7 Months ago
Replace the traditional calorie-rich Mexican tortillas with these simple, easy-to-make healthy, homemade tortillas. Made with whole wheat and maize flour, these fiber-rich tortillas help you curb hunger effectively. Have these healthy chips with a fresh tangy tomato salsa and enjoy the lively salsa flavors. You can also make them in bulk and store them in an air-tight container and serve them as starters to your guests.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Baking Time: 10 minutes
Baking Temperature: 190°C (380°F)
Makes: 36 pieces (6 servings)
Maize Flour (Makkai Atta)- 1 cup
Whole Wheat Flour- ½ cup
Chili Powder- ¼ tsp
Ajwain or Black Pepper Powder- ½ tsp
Oil- 1 tsp
Salt- To taste
Maida- For dusting
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into soft dough using enough hot water.
2. Divide the dough into 6 equal parts.
3. Keep a part of the dough between 2 plastic sheets, dust a little flour and roll into a thin 7 diameter round tortilla.
4. Dust the tortillas with a little more maida to prevent them from sticking to each other.
5. Now lightly cook the round tortillas on a non-stick pan, and then cut them into triangles.
6. Place butter paper on your baking tray and arrange the tortilla triangles on it.
7. Bake the tortillas at 190°C for 8 to 10 minutes or until they are crisp, and slightly browned.
8. Cool and store them in an airtight container.