We all love gifts and surprises. Don't we? It has been observed that giving presents plays a significant role in relationships. In short, you could even claim that the act of giving and receiving gifts can encourage people to develop closer emotional ties with the people they value.
Gift-giving is a form of the "language of love," which is one of the reasons people do it.
Another reason to offer gifts outside of holidays and birthdays is to just express your gratitude to the people in your life that you value and care about.
Whenever there is a chance for you to give back something to your loved ones, you should:
- To express thanks
- For expressing a genuine apology
- To reignite a romance
- To express feelings
- To celebrate achievements
- Just for putting a smile on someone's face
- As a way to congratulate someone
Gift options for him/her
Here are some gift options that will make anybody's day brighter.
- A gift box which includes pen, card, personal dairy or a shirt, flowers, pen stand. You can make your own gift box too.
- An electronic device like mobile, pen drive, notebook, mp3 player etc that can suit them.
- A restaurant deal of a candle light dinner, lunch/dinner at a lovely restaurant.
- Send him/her for a holiday trip if he/she wishes to go alone or with friends.
- Health's check up in a hospital.
- Give their room a beautiful makeover.
- Gift him\her gym equipment or walking shoe.
- Cook his\her favorite dish.
- A shaving set or a suit or a set of belt, wallet and a tie.
- Makeup/grooming kit
All these are materialistic gifts, there is more than all these that you can give your loved ones - love, relaxation, peace. This will happen only if you take care of them like the way they did when you were a child. Spend time with them, take them out, take care of them, and fulfill their needs.
Gift options for kids
Here are some gift ideas for kids:
- Crayons, colors and drawing sheets
- Favorite character soft toy, t-shirt, hoodie, keychain, book cover, etc.
- Chalkboard or educational toys
- Musical instrument
- Board games
- Pretend play toys: Kitchen set, doctor set, trucks and Barbie dolls
- An amusement park or gaming experience
- Constructive play things like building blocks
Apart from the above stated, you can gift your kids your support and cooperation when they need it the most. Take out time from your busy schedule to watch a movie with them or attend their school functions. They'll be happy and content if you're just there with them.
In a nutshell
Gifts can be given whenever you want someone to be happy, not simply on special occasions. Gifts can also be given as a heartfelt apology. Also note that, no pricey presents are required. To make our loved ones happy, just a small gesture is sufficient. Not the cost of the present, but the emotions and sensations are what really count.