Desserts are amazing and delicious but also high in sugar and fat, which can be problematic if you're trying to lose weight or maintain your current weight. Luckily, there are lots of delicious desserts that you can eat even while on your diet! When you're on the quest to lose weight, you don't have to give up on your favorite desserts.
Homemade desserts allow you to control what goes into your food, making it low-calorie and delicious simultaneously. This guide will show you how to make eight common desserts, so they're healthy and light, not fattening and heavy. With these options, there's no reason why you can't stick to your diet while still enjoying sweet treats!
Tips To Add Dessert To Your Diet
- Moderation is key when it comes to adding dessert to your diet.
- A healthy dessert recipe can be just as satisfying as an unhealthy one.
- Natural sugars are a great way to sweeten desserts without adding extra calories.
- Healthy desserts can be made with simple ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
By following these tips, you can enjoy dessert while staying on track with your weight loss goals.
Healthy Dessert Recipes For Your Weight Loss Journey
When trying to lose weight, it's important to have moderation in mind. This doesn't mean you can never have dessert, but rather that you should be aware of the natural sugar content in desserts and eat them in moderation. Here are eight healthy dessert recipes that you can enjoy without guilt on your weight loss journey.
- Jamun Mint Popsicles
- Fresh Fruit Parfait
- Delightful Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
- Ragi Malpua
- Elaichi Granola Bar
- Oats Apple Crumble
- Deliciously Crunchy Coconut Macaroons
- Unforgettable Almond Cookie Pie
#1. Jamun Mint Popsicles
These popsicles are not only refreshing but also contain Jamun, which is known to help with weight loss. It is high in fibre and helps promote digestive health. Jamun mint popsicles are easy to make as well! These popsicles are rich in minerals like calcium and potassium as well as antioxidants like vitamins A and C.
- All you need is 500gms of deseeded jamun, one-fourth cup of chopped jaggery or brown sugar, 1/4 cup of fresh mint leaves and 3 cups of water.
- Bring the water to a boil, and then add the jaggery (if needed) into it until it melts in the pot. Let this mixture cool for 10 minutes before adding the chopped mint leaves and jamun puree.
- Mix well and pour into a mould that has been frozen beforehand. Serve these popsicles on a hot summer day for a delightful treat that will cool you down while satisfying your sweet tooth!
#2. Fresh Fruit Parfait
A parfait is a great way to enjoy a dessert while still staying on track with your weight loss goals. Layer fresh fruit, yogurt, and granola in a jar for a quick and easy snack that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
Fruit Parfait contains nutritious ingredients such as protein from the dairy product and fibre from the whole grains or oats that you can include in the recipe. The calories from these ingredients are perfect if you are watching your calorie intake carefully.
- Get a glass or clear plastic jar or bowl.
- Layer in your favorite fruits and berries.
- Pour yogurt (low fat, plain) on top of fruit layers.
- Add granola.
- Serve when chilled.
- If you're feeling adventurous, add some dark chocolate chips or drizzle honey over the top!
#3. Delightful Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
Making Gluten free cake is a perfect choice for those with celiac disease or gluten sensitivities. The rich chocolate flavour will satisfy your sweet tooth, while the light and fluffy texture will make you forget that you're eating a diet dessert. Best of all, this cake is only 200 calories per slice, so you can indulge without guilt.
- Mix together 3⁄4 cup soy milk, 1/3 cup agave nectar, two tablespoons dark cocoa powder, one teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda in a bowl until well combined.
- Add three tablespoons of applesauce to the mixture and whisk until there are no lumps. - Combine 1⁄2 cup white rice flour, 1⁄4 cup tapioca starch, and 1⁄4 teaspoon salt in another bowl and whisk until mixed well.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until it forms a batter. Pour batter into an 8-inch round pan coated with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
#4. Ragi Malpua
Made with ragi flour, Malpuas are a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional pancakes. Ragi is high in fiber and low in calories, making it perfect for weight loss. These tasty morsels can be served sweet or savory.
- Simply combine ragi flour, water, milk, and sugar in a bowl and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Add some saffron, cardamom powder, and ghee. The batter should be semi-thick and a little lumpy.
- Coat a nonstick pan with oil, add spoonfuls of batter onto the hot surface, then use the back of the spoon to spread out into circles. Cook on one side until bubbles form on top, and flip over when done.
#5. Elaichi Granola Bar
Elaichi granola bars are a delicious and nutritious way to enjoy a sweet treat while staying on track. Made with oats, nuts, honey and butter, these bars are loaded with flavour. This dessert is healthy and filling, and it satisfies your sweet tooth too. It's a great way to start your day or have it as a snack. Plus, it's high in fibre and low in calories, so it's perfect for your weight loss journey. We recommend this bar with almond butter, but peanut butter works well too.
#6. Oats Apple Crumble
This healthy dessert is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth while staying on track with your weight loss goals. Made with whole grain oats, fresh apples, and a touch of cinnamon, this crumble is a delicious and nutritious way to enjoy a fall favourite. Plus, it's easy to make and can be enjoyed as a snack or dessert.
#7. Deliciously Crunchy Coconut Macaroons
Coconut macaroons are a sweet and chewy treat that can be part of your weight loss journey. Made with just four ingredients, they're also gluten-free and dairy-free. To make them, start by mixing together equal parts shredded coconut, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Then add in a pinch of salt and mix everything together until it's well combined. Next, use a cookie scoop or your hands to form the mixture into small balls.
#8. Unforgettable Almond Cookie Pie
This guilt-free cookie pie is made with whole wheat flour, almond butter, and agave nectar. It's a healthier version of the classic chocolate chip cookie that's just as delicious. This recipe is perfect for anyone who's trying to eat healthier or lose weight because it satisfies your sweet tooth without all the sugar. It also makes a great dessert for friends and family members who have food allergies. Give this one a try!
Points To Keep In Mind While Having Dessert On A Diet
- Portion control is key when indulging in dessert while on a diet.
- Instead of eating an entire, focus on having a few slices or one small piece.
- Make sure to balance out your meals throughout the day, so you're not too famished by the time you get to dessert.
- Choose lighter desserts such as fruit-based dishes or those made with low-fat ingredients.
- If you still have a sweet tooth after all that, try making some at home instead of buying them from a store.
- Ask for smaller portions at restaurants and request no whipped cream or other high-calorie toppings like chocolate sauce if it's available for purchase separately on the menu.
- Stick to more natural sugar substitutes like honey and maple syrup if possible rather than artificial sweeteners, which can sometimes cause weight gain in some people over time.
If you're looking for a way to enjoy dessert without sacrificing your weight loss goals, consider these eight options. From healthy fruit-based snacks to indulgent chocolate desserts, there's something for everyone. And best of all, they're all relatively low in calories and fat. So go ahead and enjoy a little something sweet - you deserve it!