To strengthen the immune system, there are many immunity-boosting foods that are constantly being suggested by doctors and nutritionists to keep Covid-19 at bay. Even before Covid-19 cases, ayurvedic kadhas and immunity-boosting powder were recommended as the most natural remedy to halt cold, fever, skin rashes, headaches, indigestion, and defense against other diseases.
While there are multiple immunity-boosting powders available in the market, the best way to make sure of 100% purity is to make it on your own. Yes, you can make it right at home using the ingredients present in your kitchen..
Here is an easy recipe for IMMUNITY BOOSTING POWDER-
- 7 tbsp - Organic turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 4 tbsp - Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 4 tbsp - Coriander seeds (Dhaniya)
- 7 tbsp - Fennel seeds (Saunf / Variyali)
- 2 tbsp - Dry ginger powder (Saunth)
- 2 tbsp - Whole black pepper (Kali Mirch)
- ½ tbsp – Cinnamon powder (Dalchini)
- 3 tbsp - Cardamom (Green Elaichi)
Procedure of Immunity Booster Powder:
- Take turmeric and ginger powder in a bowl and keep them aside.
- Roast the remaining ingredients apart from turmeric and ginger powder on a slow flame till you get a pleasant aroma.
- Let the ingredients cool down and then transfer them to a grinder.
- Grind the mixture and turn it into fine powder.
- Now, add turmeric & ginger powder to it and mix all the ingredients.
- Store in a clean, air-tight glass or steel jar.
- Consume 1/2 tablespoon every day either with water or as a seasoning in food (as an alternative to garam masala).
- Heat pure ghee (1 tablespoon) on a slow flame and add ½ tsp powder to the ghee. Stir well till it turns into a paste. For best results consume this every morning.
- It is suitable both for adults and children.
- If you are on medication, please check with your doctor before taking this powder.
- Adjust the dosage according to your need.
This homemade immunity boosting powder has antimicrobial and antibacterial attributes along with vitamin C and antioxidants that protect you from diseases. If you are finding an effective way to reduce chills, this powder will keep your organs warm and help your body get back to normal temperature.
Make sure you follow a healthy lifestyle and provide your body with all the necessary proteins and vitamins. Follow safety guidelines to stay protected at home and try to get yourself tested right from home if you feel unwell.
A Word from The Wellness Corner
Small steps can make a big difference so try modulating your routine by doing simple exercises, eating healthy, indulging in gratitude meditation, and so much more that will add value to your life. Join us on The Wellness Corner App, watch expert-curated videos on our Wellness TV, be a part of different wellness circles according to your preferences, and get access to a variety of beneficial and trending resources. Track your progress each day by completing actionable tasks towards a healthier self. Engage with our wellness experts during live/on-demand sessions or consult them online via chat/audio/video calls.
Don’t let the fear of infection limit your possibilities, take precautions to prevent it and if infected, know that you’ll recover quickly if you follow the regime and stick to medication prescribed by the doctor.