Mixed vegetable momos
- 8 Months ago
Mixed vegetable momos are undoubtedly an innovative, low calorie snack!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 8 momos
Maida (plain flour) - 1/3 cup
Blanched and finely chopped broccoli-1/3 cup
Chopped bean sprouts-1/3 cup
Chopped carrot- 1/3cup
Sweet corn- 1/3 cup
Ginger-green chili paste-1/2 tsp
Finely chopped garlic- 1 tsp
Finely chopped spring onion greens - 2 tablespoons
Maida- 2 tsp
Oil- 1 tsp
Salt to taste
For the covering
• Sieve maida and salt together.
• Add warm water bit by bit and knead well to form soft dough. Keep aside for half an hour.
• Keep the dough covered with a damp muslin cloth.
• Divide the dough into eight equal parts.
• Roll the dough into 3" diameter circle to make the covering.
For the stuffing
• Heat one tsp of oil in a pan.
• Add garlic and ginger and sauté for a few minutes.
• Add all the vegetables, sugar and salt to taste and mix well.
• Switch off the gas and keep aside.
• Place the covering on a flat, dry surface
• Put 2 tsp of stuffing in the center.
• Apply the flour paste on the sides of the covering.
• Now fold over the covering to form a semi-circle.
• Pinch at the edges to keep the stuffing sealed.
• Steam them in a steamer for ten minutes.
• Serve hot with schezwan sauce.
• To make them protein rich, stuff them with paneer, tofu or chicken.