Mutter pudhina soup
- 7 Months ago
This wholesome soup is an apt choice to satisfy your midevening hunger pang.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
Fresh green peas: 2 cups
Butter: 1 tsp
Chopped onions: ¼ cup
Milk: 1/2 cup
Black pepper powder: ½ tsp
Finely chopped mint leaves: 1 tablespoon
Corn flour - 1 Tablespoon (Mix in ½ cup milk)
Salt to taste
1. Heat a non stick pan; add 1 tsp butter, chopped onions and sauté till the onions are soft and translucent.
2. Add 2 cups of green peas, 1 ½ cups of water, salt and boil them together till the peas are cooked.
3. Cool the peas mixture
4. Blendrize the cooled peas in a mixer to make a smooth puree.
5. In a broad non stick pan, mix 1/2 cup of water with corn flour milk paste. Now add the prepared purée, mix well and cook on a medium flame for few minutes while stirring occasionally.
6. When the soup becomes slightly thick, add the pepper powder, mint leaves and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Serve hot.
• You can use 1 Tablespoon of skim milk powder to make the soup taste creamier.
• Replace butter with olive oil to improve the quality of fat.