Bored of having the same breakfast every day? Try this easy to prepare recipe with paneer, crisp capsicum, onions and tangy tomato sauce.
Paneer Capsicum Toast
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Baking Time: 25 minutes
Baking Temperature: 200°C
Makes 8 rounds
• 8 whole wheat or multi grain bread slices
• 1 cup crumbled paneer (cottage cheese)
• 1 tbsp butter
• 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
• 1/4 cup finely chopped capsicum
• 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
• 1 1/2 tsp chilli sauce
• 1/4 tsp chilli powder
• salt to taste
• melted butter for brushing
• 4 tbsp grated processed cheese
1. Stamp out rounds from the bread slices with a 1 1/2" diameter cutter.
2. In every alternate round, make a hole in the centre with a 1/2" nozzle.
3. On a greased baking tin, first arrange all the bread rounds without holes and then place the rounds with holes on top.
4. Brush the tops with melted butter and bake in a hot oven at 200°c for 10 minutes or until crisp. Keep aside.
5. Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and saute on a medium flame for 1 minute.
6. Add the capsicum and saute for 1 minute.
7. Remove from the heat. Add the paneer, tomato ketchup, chilli sauce, chilli powder and salt and mix well.
8. Spread a little of the filling on each uncut bread round and put back the cut round on top.
9. Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake in a hot oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
10. Serve hot.