Popped Jowar Recipes!
- 8 Months ago
Jowar, also known as pearl millet, is gaining tremendous importance due to its health benefits. We commonly consume jowar in the form of rotis. Try these different, yet very simple recipes. These recipes are rich in fibre, protein, iron, calcium and antioxidants as they have jowar as a main ingredient.
Popped Jowar Snack
• Jowar pops: 4 cups
• Curry leaves: 8-10
• Groundnuts (roasted): 1 table spoon
• Dry Red chillies- 2-3
• Oil for seasoning: 1 tablespoon
• Salt to taste
• Sauté curry leaves and dry red chillies in oil.
• Add popped Jowar, salt and groundnuts.
• Mix well.
This snack can be stored in airtight container for about 3-4 days.
Popped Jowar Laddus
• Popped Jowar: 4 cups
• Jaggery: 1 cup
• Roasted and crushed almonds: ½ cup
• With sufficient water, bring jaggery to boil and make it into thick syrup.
• Crush the popped Jowar coarsely.
• Add crushed almonds and Jowar into the jaggery syrup.
• Mix well and shape into Laddus.
Popped Jowar Cereal
• Popped Jowar: 1 cup
• Milk/ Soy milk: 1cup
• Cut fruits (mixed): 1 cup
• Mix all the ingredients and enjoy your popped jowar breakfast cereal.