Fad diets are one of the worst weight-loss programs many people fall for. Forget fad diets, they don't work!!
Fad diets are a failure because -
• You feel deprived - Fad diets don't utilise all food groups. Elimination and calorie reduction can create imbalance in the body & slow down your metabolism making starvation counterproductive!!
• You reach a "plateau" after losing a few kgs - Your body adjusts to a new way of eating, and it's only with exercise that you lose weight.
• You lose weight, but can't keep it off - Fad diets severely cut calories & work short-term. Once you meet your weight loss goal, there are no guidelines for healthy diet maintenance.
• Money loss & no weight loss - Special shakes, meals, are cost-prohibitive and less practical for long-term weight loss and healthy weight maintenance.
How to lose weight and keep it off -
• Lose weight slowly. Losing weight too fast can take a toll on your nervous system, making you feel sluggish. Aim to lose ½ kg - 1 kg a week to ensure healthy weight loss.
• Get active. Exercise burns calories & improves your metabolism.
• Get proper sleep. People with improper sleep have a much higher risk of obesity.
• Commit to a plan & stay motivated. Experiment until you find a good, long-term plan that helps you lose weight and maintain that weight in a way that works for you.
• Stop eating before you are full. Avoid the temptation to "clean your plate".
• Watch your portion size. Use small plates, bowls and cups.
Did you know?
2.5 million deaths are attributed to obesity worldwide!