Mindful eating has many proven physical and mental benefits, along with benefiting you on your weight goals. Again, while this practice sounds tedious to implement, it is actually an amalgamation of many small and simple steps which you can practice with every meal- big or small.
Follow this beginner’s guide to get you started on your journey towards mindful eating.
- Eat like a gourmet
- Sip water at regular intervals
- Pick smaller plates
- Chew food multiple times
- Don't multitask
- Choose the right spoon
- Eat with your dominant hand
- Sit and Eat
- Reduce the chatter
- Be aware of your emotions
Try these tips for mindful
- Don't eat in front of the TV.
- Eat with the rest of your family gathered at the dining table.
- Keep the pots and serving dishes in the kitchen; not in front of you. You're likely to have a second serving if the food is in front of you.
- Be careful about the portions you serve on your plate.
- If there are leftovers once you’ve served yourself, pack them away immediately..
- Taste your food. Be aware of what you're putting in your mouth and consciously enjoy it. Savor every bite.
Eating Mindfully is one more tool to use in weight management. In addition to being in control of your weight, you'll be surprised that being present and aware when you eat can actually make food taste better!