We live in a world where people are way too concerned about their looks. Everyone wants to be a model with a slim waistline and can go to any extent to achieve it which would mean starving, being on medication, unwanted surgeries and, whatnot. Water, on the other hand is the most natural way of shedding weight and keeping your gut healthy. Different water therapies are being followed for a very long period, each distinct in its way. Let's see what are these water therapies-
#1 Cold Water Therapy for Weight Loss
Did you know that cold water can have amazing benefits on your health? A lot of people have started adopting the same and are happy to confirm the enormous health benefits they have experienced.
But don't you think this contradicts the various myths we have heard about cold water or we just don't know the right way to utilize it?
Cold hydrotherapy or cold water therapy includes the process of using water around 15 °C to extract health benefits.
- It provides fast relief in case of muscle damage and also reduces soreness to a great extent.
- Immersing in cold water helps balance your body temperature in case of overheating, all you gotta do is immerse your body as much as you can instead of just immersing parts.
- This amazing therapy facilitates weight loss by increasing metabolism by 16%. When the body is immersed in cold water, it tries to come back to the normal temperature by generating heat which promotes weight loss.
Different ways and steps of doing it…..
- Take a warm shower initially or at normal temperature and then decrease the temperature eventually.
- Swim in water with a relatively lower temperature than you usually would.
- If you just exercised or did any workout, stepping directly into a cold shower is the best option.
- Take an ice bath. Add ice to the water till its temperature drops to 15 °C. Immerse yourself in cold water for 10-15 mins.
- Consult an expert or a doctor before practicing cold therapy because it can cause cardiac stress.
- Warm your body after cold immersion but that doesn’t mean you have to take a hot shower soon after a cold one. You may pass out. Warm your body naturally. Take a walk instead.
- The timing of immersions should be adequate. They should be brief because excess immersion may hurt your body.
#2 Japanese Water Therapy for Weight Loss
A happy stomach is a way to a healthy gut and boosts metabolism. Following the morning ritual of Japanese water therapy regularly keeps your gut healthy and promotes weight loss. Consuming water on an empty stomach has enormous benefits. It cures constipation, high blood pressure, Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), tuberculosis, menstrual problems. Etc.
Japanese people take water therapy quite seriously that includes the following steps -
- Drink 4-5 cups of lukewarm water (each 160-200ml) early in the morning on an empty stomach. Don’t eat anything before 45 minutes.
- After every meal, avoid eating or drinking again at least for 2 hours.
- One should not drink alcohol the night before the therapy.
- One should not stand and drink.
- Don’t stuff yourself with complete water at once, if it gets difficult. Try drinking 3-4 glasses initially, take a break, and then finish the rest. As your body starts adapting to large quantities, change the intake from 4-5.
#3 Warm Water Therapy for Weight Loss
Water is the most important ingredient in our body that enables the other organs to function properly. We won’t be mentioning anything new by saying that warm water helps you shed unwanted fat from your body.
Hot water helps to make the digestion system better by fostering the burning process and breaking down the molecules quickly. It has an upper hand when compared to cold water intake because it stays in your stomach for a comparatively longer period.
Consuming hot water can help to manage the intake of calories. It also cleanses the intestines and prevents bloating.
Here is a no brainer step-
Have a glass of warm water 30 minutes prior to each of your meals.
- Don’t consume water near boiling point to avoid any kind of burns. Excessive heat can cause damage to tissues.
- Check the water temperature through your finger, know that, if it feels right on the finger, it would still need to cool down a bit before you sip it.
#4 Salt Rush or Saline Rush or Salt Water Therapy
Drinking saltwater on an empty stomach removes accumulated fat, positively promotes weight loss, and helps in detoxification of the body.
Steps to practice Saline rush-
- Take 1 liter of water and add 1- 2 teaspoons of salt like Himalayan sea salt (non-iodized). Stir them well until the salt dissolves.
- Drink it slowly for over 5 minutes or so.
- For best results, do this on an empty stomach to produce bowel movements.
- Speak to a doctor before performing a salt rush.
- Common side effects may include nausea, weakness, blood pressure, vomitings, etc.
- Salt rush must not be performed by individuals with high blood pressure, digestive issues, kidney, or heart disease.
- You might need to go to the bathroom again and again since your body will lose 4.5 kgs of water after the saline rush.
#5 Ayurveda Suggests the Following Dos and Don'ts -
- Take time to sip water, don’t gulp it at once.
- Don’t stand while drinking water, sit and drink so that it reaches each organ of your body instead of a force on your stomach.
- Drink water at normal temperature or lukewarm water to improve the digestive system.
- Don’t stretch your thirst. Drink water regularly to avoid the issue of dehydration.
- Drink at least 3 liters of water daily.
Summing It Up
Does water help reduce weight? By now, not only do you know the answer to it but you also know multiple ways of achieving your weight loss goal. Water therapies are a great and an incredible way of keeping weight under control by increasing your metabolism and cleansing toxins from your body. According to The Wellness Corner’s experts, once you start following water therapy, you’ll be able to witness the results very soon. So start treating your body with its ultimate energy booster and its favorite drink- water!!