Nobody likes to fall sick and miss a day at work or miss quality time with the family. In order to avoid falling sick, you need to boost your immunity.
Your immune system is complex and active machinery that protects your body from infectious organisms and allergens, together known as antigens. Your body’s protector cells depend on the food that you eat to work efficiently. Maintaining a good supply of antioxidants is perhaps one of the most important things that you can do for maintaining good immunity.
1. GREEN TEA: It helps to fight off body infections and boost the immune system. POLYPHENOLS and ANTIOXIDANTS present in green tea are linked to skin-cell rejuvenation and improves the body’s metabolism as well.
2. FRUIT YOGURT: It is a healthy and delicious way of enjoying yogurt and fruits. Rich in PROBIOTICS and immune-boosting vitamins and minerals, it helps the body fight against infections. You can also try yummy recepies like Beetroot-Dill Yoghurt Salad or Sesame Carrot with spiced Yoghurt Dip curated by our dietitians at The Wellness Corner
3. ALMONDS: Almonds are rich in PHYTO-CHEMICALS. It promotes a healthy immune system and positively affects hormones. They also act as antibacterial and antiviral agents while giving you smooth and glowing skin.
4. GRAPES: Regular consumption of grapes benefits human immunity. Grapes have long been classified as a low glycemic index (GI) food, with GI values ranging between 43-53. Grapes have also been shown to contain the hormone and antioxidant MELATONIN that have anti-bacterial properties.
5. CITRUS SALAD: Salad prepared using citrus fruits, tomatoes and red bell peppers with a dash of lemon juice add to the daily VITAMIN C intake which is one of the most important vitamins required for a strengthened immune system.
6. WALNUTS: The anti-inflammatory properties of OMEGA-3 FATTY ACID present in walnuts helps in building the natural immunity of the body against many diseases. Walnuts provide protection against diseases like cancer, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, eczema, and psoriasis.
7. LEMON JUICE: Lemon energizes the body and helps the immune system to re-energize itself. As it is rich in VITAMIN C, immunity power increases, and a common cold can be prevented by taking lemon juice regularly.
Enjoy these healthy immune-boosting foods while at work or you can even munch on them while you are working from home.