As we all know, citrus fruits like orange, lemon, sweet lime, guavas, and grapefruit are rich sources of vitamin C which help in boosting your immunity. This also helps the body fight against common infections, improves iron absorption, and simply protects yourself to keep you healthy! There are many ways to add citrus fruits to your diet. One such healthy way is in the form of salad.
Citrus Salad Recipe
Here’s is a citrus salad recipe that you should try:
Preparation Time: 20 mins
- ½ cup - orange segments
- ½ cup - sweet lime (mosambi) segments
- ½ cup - red, yellow, and green bell peppers (chopped)
- ½ cup - carrot (blanched and chopped)
- ½ cup - papaya (chopped)
- 1- tomato (chopped)
- 1- onion (chopped)
- ½ - cup bean sprouts
For Citrus Salad Mint Dressing
- ¾ cup - thick low-fat curd (fresh)
- 3 tablespoon - mint leaves (finely chopped)
- ¾ teaspoon - mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon - powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon - black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate to chill.
- Just before serving, mix all the ingredients of mint dressing together.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss well.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Tip- Don't throw the citrus peel!
What you eat matters. Find millions of items from the food database on The Wellness Corner app and let the AI-enabled platform give you instant insights on your macronutrient breakdown and calories. Log your meals, save them if the intake is regular, analyze the findings and alter your ideal diet accordingly. Browse expert curated heathy eating tips, recepies and ways to make the most out of what you eat.