Do you know what precisely a cardio session is? Well, if you don't know, then here is the perfect definition for your understanding.
Cardio session consists of cardio exercises that help to increase a person's heart rate. Beginners should have a cardio session lasting for 15 to 20 minutes while the people already acing the advanced level should have it for 30 minutes straight for about three to five times a week.
Some of the top cardio exercises are as follows:
1. Jumping jacks
2. Squat jumps
3. Stair climber
5. High step running
There are several benefits of the cardio session. This article will explain some of them, along with some foods to eat after every cardio session and foods to avoid. So, let's get started!
BENEFITS OF THE CARDIO SESSION
- Strengthens your heart
- Contributes to weight loss
- Enhances the lungs
- Boosts energy
- Promotes good sleep
1. Strengthens your heart
As the name suggests, cardio exercises or cardiovascular definitely help to strengthen your heart. Regular cardio sessions will accelerate your heart rate and pump more blood to the heart. This, in turn, will eventually be very advantageous for the heart.
2. Contributes to weight loss
One of the many reasons why people take on cardio sessions is to reduce their weight and burn fat. To shed a few calories, you need to have regular cardio sessions incorporated into your routine along with a balanced diet. For a long lasting change you should also include strength workouts in your routine along with cardio. Also, be aware of the myths surrounding cardio.
3. Enhances the lungs
Cardio helps to improve your lung capacity since a lot of breathing exercises are involved. You have to take deep breaths in order to perform the exercise. This will enhance your lungs and give a regular supply of fresh oxygen to the body.
4. Boosts energy
A significant point that has to be noted regarding cardio sessions is their ability to boost your energy. This is the reason why people start off their day by doing some cardio exercises so that they can acquire the required amount of energy for the rest of the day.
5. Promotes good sleep
Incorporating cardio sessions in your daily life will promote good sleep. It's hard for many of us to fall asleep just after hitting the bed, but cardio exercises make sure you fall asleep at the right time just after completing the day's work.
FOODS TO EAT AFTER EVERY CARDIO SESSION
- Egg whites
1. Berries– Berries are perfect for a post-cardio snack. They store glycogen in your body and will help you to gain the right amount of vitamin C. They also have high anti-inflammatory antioxidants that are very good for the heart.
2. Bananas– Bananas have incredibly high potassium and carbohydrates. They also restore glycogen in the body and act as a mood lifter and energy booster.
3. Egg whites– They have high protein content and are the best food consumed after a good cardio session. They also have carbohydrates like bananas. Pair it up with some veggies for better results.
4. Almonds– Almonds have various nutrients like magnesium, protein, vitamin B. These nutrients keep the heart and muscles strong.
FOODS TO AVOID AFTER EVERY CARDIO SESSION
- Fried foods
- Energy bars
1. Fried foods– Fried foods contain very few nutrients and can be harmful to your health. Try avoiding them just after a cardio session if you do not want to gain trans-fats.
2. Energy bars– You might think that the energy bars are very much healthy for your body, and you should regularly grab one, but well, they are not. They have a high sugar content that is very harmful and can cause diabetes.
3. Alcohol– Consuming alcohol reduces your protein synthesis and can make you gain fat. Drinking after a cardio session will also dehydrate you and is definitely a bad idea.
4. Bacon– Bacon can slower your body's metabolism rate if consumed just after a cardio session. The calories that you have burned during the cardiovascular will be gained again, and the workout will stand no use.
Therefore, now you know the various aspects of cardio exercises and how you should go about the process. Aim for the bigger fitness goal and start exercising.
Do remember to follow the do's and don'ts as well!