Weekdays are generally stressful for all of us. Usually we all feel the Monday blues, and it takes another day to gear up and by Wednesday we again start to wait for another weekend. This has become a routine for most of us.
The question is why we experience weekdays so stressful and only weekends refreshing?
Ways To Make Your Weekdays More Interesting
- Send a cute text message to your friends or family, this can leave you feeling refreshed.
- Play some nice music once you are back home. Take some time out for yourself to unwind.
- Go for a walk if you have no time for any other physical activity. If there is time opt for gym, swimming, table tennis, carom, chess etc, go for it.
- If you stay with your parents, spend time with them. Take them out for a movie or dinner once in a while.
- If you are in a stressful situation at the workplace, take deep breaths. Sip up a glass of water and if you can spare a few minutes, perform a guided meditation to relax your brain.
- Let it all out by writing it down. Journaling can help you transfer your emotions from your body to that piece of paper in a healthy way.
- Learn something new each month. This will keep you engaged in hunting what to learn next.
- Refrain using electronic devices once you reach home and especially when someone is talking to you.
- Do not multitask. More tasks= More mistakes.
- Do not compromise with your sleep. Ensure that you sleep 7-9 hours daily.
- Do not forget to exercise. Get your body moving for at least 15-20 mins daily.
Is Nutritional Deficiency Keeping Your Mood Off?
Worker productivity is also affected by nutrition. Unhealthy eating is associated with a 66 percent greater chance of productivity loss. Productivity loss might be a big contributor to stress and anxiety.
Similarly, employees who only exercised on occasion were 50% more likely to report decreased levels of productivity than their exercising colleagues.
As per Ray Merrill, a health science professor and researcher at Brigham Young University, “Total health-related employee productivity loss accounts for 77% of all such loss and costs employers two to three times more than annual healthcare expenses.”
Here are some healthy foods you can include in your breakfast and have a refreshing start to your work days!
- Boiled / scrambled eggs
- Skimmed milk / milkshakes (without sugar) / yoghurt
- Sweet potatoes
- Green Tea
- A handful of nuts
Must Try: DO NOTHING
It seems easy but it is not. Literally take out 10 mins and do nothing. Try to have zero thoughts about anything. Just sit and be mindful. You'll realize that it is quite hard. But if you practice daily, you'll see a difference and the urges will start to weaken with each passing day.
Though stress is a part of our routine life, yet we can develop some habits that can help us relieve our stress and make us more relaxed during the weekdays.