Mexican Salsa and Chicken Fajita
- 11 Months ago
Fajita is a Mexican dish which is healthy and can be easily cooked. This can be rolled up in tortillas or served separately on the side.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 crushed whole red chili
- 3 boneless chicken breast (1/4 kg, cooked) cut into thin strips.
- 1 medium tomato cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt or adjust to your taste.
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 medium onion (cut into fairly thick slices).
- 2 bell peppers (capsicum) one green and 1 red or yellow (cut into thin strips).
- 1/4 cup sour cream (low fat)
- 6 tbsp Mexican salsa (available at store)
- Shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese (to garnish)
- 6 tortilla or chapathi
- In a pan heat the oil add garlic and chili allow to turn light brown then add chicken strips.
- Toss for 3 min then add cumin, salt, pepper, soy sauce and tomatoes toss fry.
- Add bell peppers (capsicum) & onions. Toss for another 3 min.
- Add lemon juice and remove from heat.
- Heat the tortillas or chapathi for 2 min under a grill.
- Take each tortilla or chapathi and put approx 2 tbsp of chicken. Apply some sour cream, salsa and mozzarella cheese and roll them.
- Do the same for all the tortillas. Put in serving plate and serve it hot!
* Do not overcook the vegetables. It should be crispy for better taste.