Tips to increase fruits and vegetables intake
- 13 Months ago
We all know that fruits and veggies ward off chronic conditions while helping us to feel healthier and more energized. But even for the most health-conscious eaters, getting more of these nutrients can be a challenge.
Here are some tips for increasing fruit and vegetable intake:
- Eat a new fruit or vegetable every day.
- Always have a bowl of fruit or vegetables in the refrigerator for snacks. It's easy to eat a small bowl of chopped broccoli or plum tomatoes while working, before dinner, or even while watching television.
- Some people eat only fruit in the morning, which seems to stop their craving for coffee and sweets. Check with your doctor first, but for many people, this is a good alternative.
- Eat vegetable soup.
- Challenge yourself to see how many different colored fruits and vegetables you can eat in a day.
- A juicer is a good way to get a few extra servings of fruit and vegetables. Try making a smoothie with low-fat ice cream.
- Bring a zip-locked bag of vegetables with you to work and snack on them during the day.