Chapped Lips? Try These!
- 8 Months ago
Chapped lips can be very disturbing and painful. Chapped lips are caused due to changes in weather, certain medications, and excessive licking of the lips. Here are some tips to avoid and treat chapped lips:
• Avoid licking your lips. Our saliva has certain chemicals that take away the natural oils from the lips.
• Keep yourself hydrated. Drink at least 10 to 12 glasses of water every day.
• Use lip balms or petroleum jelly on your lips when they dry.
• Avoid using lip care products which have alcohol in them because they can dehydrate your lips.
• Cover your lips/mouth with a scarf on a sunny day.
• Avoid peeling the skin on your lips when they are dry. Wash your lips with warm water to soften the dead skin and then remove it.
• Lip care products which are fragrant and have dyes can be allergic. So, avoid them.