Where women are concerned beauty is an obsession. There is hardly anybody who does not wish to look better than she already is. Beauty may be only skin deep, but our skin and hair often reflect aspects of our health; and the way we feel about our looks also affects our emotional state.
FACTORS THAT ACCELERATE SKIN AGEING:
• Smoking (active and passive)
• Sun exposure
• Lack of exercise
• Exposure to cold weather
• Alcohol use in excess
• Lack of sleep
SIGNS OF UNHEALTHY HAIR:
• Dry and rough
• Limp and brittle
• Knotty and Split-ends
HEALTHY TIPS FOR GOOD HAIR & SKIN:
• Eating nuts, dals, fish, curd, citrus fruits, dark green leafy vegetables, can boost your skin and hair health.
• Adequate fluids (Water, fresh fruit juices, coconut water and buttermilk) maintain moisture in the skin and prevent dryness and premature wrinkling.
• Regular exercise improves blood circulation to the skin & hair.
• Controlled exposure to Vitamin D (Sunshine Vitamin) aids in skin healing & promotes bone health.
• Reduction in alcohol & coffee consumption is beneficial to skin and hair.
NATURAL AIDS FOR BEAUTY:
• Anti-wrinkle cream:
Mix a teaspoon of olive oil with an egg. Apply this on your face and neck. Let it remain till it becomes dry.
Add a teaspoon of soda bicarbonate to hot water. Stir. Dip a piece of cotton-wool to this mixture and use it to remove the above cream.
• Hair Conditioner:
Mix together 1 egg, 2 tbsp of castor oil, 1 tsp vinegar, 1 tsp glycerin. Mix well and massage on the scalp. Wash after 20 minutes.
Anything in any way beautiful derives its beauty from itself and asks nothing beyond itself.